A number of designs were produced during the period 1939-1945 which are little know
today. Some were successful in their designed roles but some were not, and found use as
trainers, target tugs or in other utility roles. Emphasis is on American designs, but a
few Allied and Axis craft are included.
- Helicopters and autogyros in WWII.
- Successful But Little Known
- A number of combat, cargo, utility and training designs were successful but are little
- Failures And Even Less Known
- Aircraft which were produced or planned for production that basically failed in their
- Mystery Planes
- Images of unusual planes, posted so that readers may guess their identity. Answers are
provided for all but the current Mystery Plane.